[pct-l] my first PCT Question

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 11:31:37 CDT 2007

Yes, sometimes people's egos override their generous nature of sharing
information to help others enjoy time outside. These bursts of ego conflict
(called flaming) usually subside and the good side re-emerges.

John - an excellent way to answer your search for helpful information is to
read throught the PCT-L archives!

Here is a link to the -
February 2007 Archives by thread:
http://mailman.hack.net/pipermail/pct-l/2007-February/thread.html

Here is one good place to get to the archives:

And here is the main archive page:
The pct-l Archives -
http://mailman.hack.net/pipermail/pct-l/

-- Maps of California

Try google earth for great map / photos of the earth (includes even
California!)
You can purchase National Geographics Topo Software for the state of
California
also Delorme.com sell Topo USA - the entire USA in topo format, also
available is Street software. (can be linked to a GPS if you have a laptop
in your car or downloaded to their GPS - PN-20)
ONLINE Maps - hikertrash.com:
http://hikertrash.com/
has free topo maps online for California and more.

Does that help?
- armchair

PS. Please forgive the flaming - cabin fever is in effect. After everyone
gets outside - Happiness will reign supreme! (Even though there will be no
one on the pct-l, 'cause they will all be outside  hiking!)