[pct-l] Fuller Ridge

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon Apr 2 20:32:16 CDT 2007

Marty and Norma hiked the Fuller Ridge section over the weekend. I'm
forwarding their report FYI:

"I tried to post this info on pct-l but it wouldn't go. Hiked Fuller
Ridge
section over the weekend and here's what I found. Mile 181.5 Strawberry
Cienaga has small trickle you could use. Mile 184.9 Deer Spgs./N. Fork
San
Jacinto has water flowing under ice but easily attainable. The
tributaries
are frozen. Fuller Ridge was in good shape with snow/ice in the
shadows...
190.5 Black Mtn. Camp the water is shut off. Tank up before decending to
snow creek. Thanks, marty www.trailjournals.com/martyandnorma"

And a followup to my questions about Fuller Ridge:

"We camped Friday night near Deer Springs so we could get an early start
on
the "ridge" Saturday morning. We carried crampons but didn't need them.
The
snow definitely softens as the day warms. There were the usual patches
in
the shadows but nothing dangerous. Once the trail switches to the north
side
of the ridge, the snow gets more annoying than anything else but there
are
good footprints now and you'll be able to see where we slipped once or
twice. Poles really help. I would guess that most of the snow will melt
within two weeks. M"