[pct-l] enough is enough

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 19:44:00 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "roni h"
>  I'm tired of Jon,  who tallentlessly spits out
> his half-baked Ideas as loud as possible,just
> because he wants to be in the center of attention.

Well, Roni, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you're dead
wrong about my motivation..  While you are correct that I am not the most
eloquent writer, my sole motivation for speaking out as I do is from a
perspective of conservation.

I grew up here in Oregon, and some of my first solo backpacking trips were
taken up on and around the PCT.  All I am trying to do by speaking out is to
help preserve the character of what the trail was back then, in opposition
to those who see it in terms of nothing more than a social party.

I do agree with you about Yogi, though.  As someone who regularly shipped
beer to an alcoholic hiker during his thru-hike, she represents the element
and attitude which I see as destructive to the trail, and to those who hike
it.  You nailed it on the head when you mentioned the "AT" cultists, the
type of hiker which I do not want insinuating themselves on the PCT.

Be careful, though, lest she and her denizens call you a troll as she has
done to others who oppose her beliefs and actions.

Good luck on your hike.

Jon