[pct-l] Yogi's PCT Book in PDF (looooong)

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Mon Apr 2 03:15:47 CDT 2007

Now hang on a minute Jon, you're claiming Len is misquoting you?
Perhaps you would care to explain the what you meant in the following
exchanges, for those of us who got a little confused.

Jon: April 2nd 2007
"Pea Hicks probably considers me as loathesome a creature as you, and
other contestants of the "PCT-L popularity contest" do, but at least
she has the decency to take on my words at face value, instead of
attacking me personally, as you do."
Jon: March 15th 2007
Curious, why do you feel the need to be recognized as part of a group
for your own backpacking trips?  Is not your own sense of achievement
and individual self-worth enough?
Jon: December 20th 2006
I have received a few private emails from those who did "get it",
though, and that's all I really care about.

Jon: September 9th 2006
Awesome!  Now we can encourage even *more* people from back east to
come over here and hike on the trail!
Jon: October 17th 2006
Don't forget the postholer site:http://postholer.com/

Jon: January 15th 2007
Thanks for this, and thanks for the list.
Jon: April 2nd 2007
Social structures attract people, and it is for this reason alone
that I detest those who seek to impose them on the PCT.

Jon: April 2nd 2007
I feel sorry for you, Len, to live in such a juvenile and irrational
world as you live in.  It is *exactly* people like you, people who
issue baseless attacks, who make human society such a screwed up place.
Jon: December 20th 2006
Oh goody, another PCT hiker whoring out the trail for money.

Jon: April 2nd 2007
There are those here, however, who see the PCT as a blank canvas, and
like a real estate developer, only want to impose their own vision of
backpacking on it
Jon: April 2nd 2007
As I have stated before, we should not be making it easier for
hikers, because the end result will *ONLY* be packing more people on
an already crowded trail.

Jon: September 15th 2006
They also need to do enough of their own research so that they
understand the distances and elevations involved before they ever
leave their house.
Jon: April 2nd 2007
Let people find the trail on their own, so that they will hike their
own hike.

Jon: July 18th 2006
Would you consider six liters to be a reasonable ballpark amount to
bring, assuming a water source that night at the end of the journey?
Too much/too little?
Jon: December 20th 2006
Depriving people of the learning experience itself, the sense of
accomplishment gained only through years of devotion to backpacking
and outdoor pursuits, is a very selfish thing, and furthermore to
fill the trail
with such people is disengenuous to those of us who have devoted
ourselves to the experiences of backpacking far off in the woods away
from the crowded masses that inhabit our currently overcrowded world.

Wow you read this far? Thanks, but now I need to get back to reading
the guidebook and writing in the updates from Yogi :-)