[pct-l] ultralight headlamp

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Fri Sep 22 22:09:24 CDT 2006

Good evening, Monte,

For me the lightest, and overall, most satisfactory headlamp weighs 7.5
grams, about 0.25 oz.  It is not really a headlamp at all, it is a standard
Photon Freedom LED light.  It comes with a string loop that has a very small
plastic slide tensioner, and I snug the string around my forehead for
walking or while in the sack writing or reading.  For walking I like to put
the string around the hat brim and let the light rest on top of the brim.
That way there is no shine of light in my eyes, and I can pull the brim down
low and still tip my head to aim the light down.

That light comes with a little hat clip, but I much prefer to just use the
string.  It is one less thing to fiddle with.

Steel-Eye