[pct-l] Foot Swelling After Thru-Hike Completion

Singewald singewald at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 21 00:12:12 CDT 2006

I completed my northbound thru-hike on Sept. 6th and in the 8-10 days
following my completion I experienced a significant amount of swelling in my
feet. I was wondering if this was common with other thru-hikers once they
have come off trail.

My guess is that this might be somewhat normal given the sudden change from
30+ mile days to minimal walking, but I thought I would check-in and see
what other PCT thru-hikers have experienced following the completion of
their thru-hikes.

Elevator
Class of 2006