[pct-l] Simplifying Meal Preparation

Robert Ellinwood rellinwood at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 19 07:31:26 CDT 2006

Good "cold food" suggestions have already been made.  Last year someone
suggested instant mashed potatoes, which rehydrate just fine with only cold
water.  This summer I found I really liked the "Four Cheese" packets of
mashed potatoes, with bacon strips torn up and added (wash your hands first
:).   Light packages of cooked bacon strips which require no refrigeration
are more widely available now.  Once opened, best to eat the whole package
in 2 days, if you can, especially in the heat.  Those bacon strips add a lot
to couscous, also.

Dr Bob

On Behalf Of