[pct-l] The JMT ''a love affair''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Sep 13 00:03:38 CDT 2006

Sly,
I agree with you 100%.
If you ever have the opportunity to hike the Sierra over and over again you
should hike more than one trail.
You should explore and venture and see as much as possible.
You seem to be under the impression that I only hike the JMT over and over.
In the last 25-30 yrs I have hiked all over the Sierra, every known trail in
the Grand Canyon,  the Rockies and Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the
Pacific) on Kaua'i, with lots of flower smelling along the way.
Only the JMT brings out the beast in me.
You remind me of the turtle criticizing the rabbit for going to fast and not
enjoying his journey.
You ought to try going 45-50 miles a day someday, it is much more panoramic,
you get to see 4-5 times as much scenery in a given day, and the challenge
is very satisfying.

JMT Reinhold
Your flower smelling trail companion