[pct-l] Forest Fires

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 16:35:16 CDT 2006

Oil and Trees;  they are both natural, believe it or  not.  Both are vitally
important to our society.  I haven't heard of  one person who has hiked the
PCT who got to the trailhead without using oil in  some form.

In 6th grade earth studies courses, I have been asked to come in  and speak
as a geologist.  The first thing I ask the class to do is for  anyone to name
just ONE thing in the classroom (including all of the people,  clothes, lights,
tooth implants, earrings, lights, flooring, desks, pencils,  contact lenses,
shoes, etc.) that does not directly or indirectly come out of  the earth?

Come on, put your thinking caps on.

?
?
?

If you can't guess what it is, I will post the answer  tomorrow.

Greg