[pct-l] Local info (Was RE: Last two hikers............)

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Oct 31 20:03:12 CST 2006

Kudos to AsABat, the Dinsmores, and all Trail Angels.

Hikers, use your head for more than a hat rack. Knowledge is power - ever hear that before?

Logic dictates you first know your own limitiations and comfort level, then get as much local info as is available - things may have changed since last you heard. Then decide on your next course of action in light of same. Your safety is your own responsibility, not that of the local SAR unit who has to risk their well-being to save your stupid butt.

Bottom line - don't let your ego write checks your body can't cash!

Wandering Bob