[pct-l] Warner Springs fire

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 30 20:36:54 CST 2006

> More PCT hiker info -- there is a big water cache just north of Chihuahua
> Valley road.  It now has about 20 gallons. By luck, I happened to meet the
> owner of the house just east of where the PCT crosses this road -- Michael
> Herrera.  He is keeping the cache stocked, and he is very eager to meet
and
> assist hikers.

Just talked to Dick Fernandez, who does that cache.  He says he removed 6
empties yesterday and there were 30 gallons left.
He says if someone else is refilling the empties, great.  Just wanted to
make sure Dick got the credit here.  Dick has been maintaining  that cache
for about a year and a half.

Great account of the fire.!