[pct-l] GET WELL SOON ''SWITCHBACK''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Oct 28 04:07:49 CDT 2006

SWITCHBACK,
Hang in there and get well soon.
We all wish you a speedy recovery.
Being the hard core backpacker that you are, you will be on your death
defying adventures before to long.
You know, having your kidney stone removed might not be such a bad idea.
When you look at it from a ultra light point of view kidney stones weigh you
down and you will be a lighter and faster hiker as a result.
As a matter of fact you might ask the Doctor to dig around and see if there
is anything else he can remove, while he is at it, to make you really ultra
light.
Yes,  SWITCHBACK,  you could become so ultra light as a result of this
surgery you might become the envy of the ultra light movement, beat  SCOTT
to the border yet, and set a new speed record on your next death defying Mt.
Whitney expedition.
Yes,  SWITCHBACK ,  cheer up something good is going to come out of this
surgery.
The one thing that bothers me the most about my reconstructive shoulder
surgery is all the screws that they put in my shoulder.............they
weigh me down!!!

JMT Reinhold
Your formerly ultra light trail companion