[pct-l] Walker Pass Resupply

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 22:43:58 CDT 2006

I waited  a long time at the pass to get a ride to
Onyx. How long is a long time?  Hmm. About twenty
minutes. And a guy came along who had free milesage  on
his rental car. So he was driving, just to put on the
free miles. I  love hitching.

That long?

I crossed the road and stuck my thumb out  and the first guy  stopped.  He
gave us a ride into Isabella to the store, paid for the  campground at the lake
and served us ribs! : )

The following day we took the dollar bus to Onyx, picked up our maps at the
PO and did some shopping at the gas station/store.  While I was  repacking a
lady asked us if we needed a ride back to the trail.

Sly