[pct-l] The "Guide Book" and Funnybone

Grammar Coach grammarcoach1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 12:57:16 CDT 2006

Why would I worry him about it?  Because IT'S WRONG AND LOOKS STUPID.

Also, so he doesn't lead other poorly educated hikers down the wrong path.

Jim Keener <jlkeener at yahoo.com> wrote:

 And an extra
apostrophe or two when writing along the trail is not
such a bad thing. And why would you worry him about
it?

Shame.

--- Grammar Coach  wrote:

> Here's a tidbit about Funnybone that may shed light
> on why he dumped on Yogi.
>
> Several months ago when Funnzy-bone was in SoCal, he
> posted a journal entry with an obvious and
> inexcusable grammatical error.  He said something
> like, "With two zero day's, I'll be able to rest my
> funnybones."
>
> I couldn't let this slide, and wrote Funnybone a
> note in the comments section of his journal, raking
> him over the coals for this moronic error.  "The
> plural of day is days," I wrote to him, "without an
> apostrophe.   As written in your journal, day's is
> possessive singular, as if the day owned property or
> possessed some quality."
>
> I further told funnybone, "Think about this while
> you're out there in the middle of nowhere."
> Funnybone deleted my comment from his journal, but
> apparently took to heart my suggestion that he think
> about it while he is out in the middle of nowhere.
> In fact, it seems he thought about it, and thought
> about it, and thought about it to the point where it
> began to putrify in his mind and migrate to his
> lower mental intestinal tract.  Unfortunately, Yogi
> happened to be in the area when he pulled his
> tattered grammatical pants down and let go.
>
> So there you have it, folks.  Funnybone has been
> stewing over the fact that he's a bad writer since
> SoCal, and finally let loose -- on Yogi, who is a
> good writer.
>

> Just call me "Coach."

http://electricpath.com

http://mail.yahoo.com