[pct-l] Ray Memorial and bridges or other ideas

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 14:30:44 CDT 2006

Vic made a point on the PCT2006 list that there are places
along the trail that have a wilderness feel and other
places that definitely don't. His comments about trail
angels gives thought to having a memorial at a site
provided by a trail angel or other places where the trail
transitions out of the wilderness. What sort of thing would
you suggest be done at one of these places to memorialize a
person like Ray?

Another site for a memorial plaque would be acknowledging
that a bridge has built in the memory of a special person.
There are a number of places where many of you crossed
dangerous streams that needed a good bridge. What are some
of the creek crossings that you think really need good
bridges? Would a plaque on such a bridge be out of place?

    Rob