[pct-l] A little tale of time on the trail

Marlene Soffera mmsoffera at charter.net
Tue Oct 10 19:02:10 CDT 2006

>Another thing I enjoyed (childish I suppose) was a big map I put on my garage wall (pasted up pages from the Delorme map book).  As I completed
each hike, I colored it in.  Staring at, studying, and dreaming about those blank spaces yet to be colored was a big motivator to get me out there.<

Well, if that's childish, I am too, only I put my map pages (with accompanying snapshots) in a 3-ring binder.  I also live in Southern CA very near the PCT and jump around "coloring in" whatever miles I can here and there.  So far, I've only done day hikes, but am acquiring gear for short backpacking trips while dreaming of a thru hike.

Marlene