[pct-l] topic/humor

Joanne Lennox goforth at cio.net
Sat Oct 7 11:53:46 CDT 2006

I have over the years remarked on, and praised the support, and effort that
Brick puts into this list.  I miss his comments, which I have always found
to be informative, preceptive, and to the point. I think he carries his
position, which has inherent difficulties, in an evenhanded ,unbiased way.
We on this list are indeed fortunate.

As a list member, I do not want to take over Bricks position, however, I do
reserve the right to comment when I feel that another person is being
unjustly attack.  In this case, in reponds to their comments, Rheinhold
attack one male  respondent by criticizing his sex life, and a female
respondent by saying that she and the list had no sense of humor.  At the
same time he held himself up as the 3 Musketeer of the list, savior of all
those that find his humor tasteless.  I did not say that he should not post
or be removed from the list, I told him: "You see yourself as one of the
beleagured 3 Musketeers. Fine, others can
decide what your behavior looks like." I am asking this person to look at
his behavior more closely, not to censor his participation.

I never commented on most of these posts, and preferred not to read them.
When specific persons were "sighted on" with this behavior, I felt I needed
to respond.  If my neighbor was being beat up by a bully, I would do the
same thing.

Just because the list has an administerator, Do you feel that the members
should not respond when a member posts repeatedly  with material that is
cruel, tasteless,arrogant, nasty, and off topic(a poem on a respondent's sex
life)?.  Just because the town may have a policeman, do you feel that you
have any duty to respond to something cruel that is happening in front of
you?

So you want to censor the people that are being attacked? Do you have a
delete button?

Goforth