[pct-l] Comparison photos

David Toms ukstoveman at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 6 13:03:19 CDT 2006

After thru-hiking last year, Michele & I returned to the Sierra this autumn
('fall' to most of you guys!) to hike from Mammoth to Whitney with 2
friends.  I've posted a set of comparison photos to show the difference
between early June 2005 and September 2006. Most of the photos are
near-identical shots.

The photos are at:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davidtoms/Comparisons
If you hover over them, the link/image name appears in the bottom bar of
explorer. They're in alphabetical order rather than geographic order, but
its pretty obvious where most of them are!

I was inspired to do this after seeing Scott Williamson's impressive slide
show last year - he has a much greater database of photos to draw on so
there's not much comparison, but hopefully mine will spark some of the same
amazement as to what a difference there is between one end of summer and the
other.

Our original PCT photos are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davidtoms