[pct-l] on/off topic

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Wed Oct 4 18:56:30 CDT 2006

Hi Julie,

As a new list member there is, of course, a lot you have missed. Reinhold and Switchback both gracious and skilled hikers (Reinhold's records stand for themselves), for many months have been being "silly" "off topic" "inappropriate" (all those terms are certainly subject to discussion and personal opinion) presenting long and numerous posts. Many were definitely funny, but I felt, enough already   :)

This particular e-mail, the one I commented on, just seemed the most appropriate to use as an attempt to point out, per my assessment, things had gone on long enough. Interesting, Switchback spoke to me, as a result of a previous e-mail I'd sent to him and Reinhold off list, stating he agreed.

Anyway, welcome to the list and I know you'll benefit from your membership. We can get kind of.....not sure what you'd call it, at times but there is nowhere else you'll find so many wonderful people dedicated to the pct, with the most knowledge, trail experience, learned tales, humor, gear and technically savvy, and that are as supportive, intelligent, kind, and opinionated than on this wonderful list/digest. Enjoy

JoAnn
are we there yet