[pct-l] What happened with fire threatening Stehekin?

Terry Norton terry.norton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 21:25:01 CDT 2006

Marion,

I was there on my thruhike soon after the town was reopened.

The fire line was within 100 - 200 feet of most buildings in town.
Substantial portions of the Purple Point campground were burmed on the
town side of the road.

The rains came around 9/12 and saved the town.  When I arrived on 9/18
the fire fighters were cleaning up and departing.   The bakery was
closed for a few more days, and most of the town was beginning to
operate on the reduced fall schedule.

cheers,
terry