[pct-l] Number of people Hiking

Brian Quarrier bquarrie at bates.edu
Thu Nov 30 18:31:43 CST 2006

I am hoping to hike the PCT for a school grant, but the person I was
hoping to hike it with just finked out on me.  I was wondering what
people think about starting it by myself.  I have talked to an old
friend that when he hiked it 30 years ago said that he spent the first
60 days by himself.  Do you think that there are more people hiking it
now, or should I really try to find someone else to do it with.  I would
be starting the hike around the middle of April.
Thanks for your time and thought
Brian