[pct-l] Yo-Yo Completion Report

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 22:14:52 CST 2006

Scott came in today and it was great.  About 30 people were there including
the media.  Lots of fun and super good PCT camaraderie.  Reinhold and I went
out on the trail and stretched skull & crossbones banners across the trail with
signs that said the trail was closed and Yo-Yo hikers had to restart at
Canada.  We figure the delays cost him about 3 minutes for his new PCT Yo-Yo world
record.  We were pretty proud of ourselves.

Some observations:
1.  He said he hiked mostly alone at 30-40 miles per day.
2.  He now wanted fresh fruit, veggies, and salads.
3.  I think he said his time for completion was 190 days plus some hours and
in 2004 record it was 205 days.
4.  His goal on this hike was to beat his old record.
5.  He specifically mentioned that he liked my hiking jokes!  This was
unsolicited
6.  ProBar nutrition bars were a sponsor and were there.  REI carries them.
See www.theprobar.com
7.  See Scott at Pctthruhiker.com

I was thinking on the drive back up to Cerritos, CA for a visit, what would
be his next PCT goal.  Then it hit me.  To break the 180 day barrier for a
Yo-Yo.  That would be representative of the 6 months barrier (even though it might
actually be 182.5 days).

Since he will be resting and eating now, I think I will start in training to
beat him to the record in 2007 or 2008.  Yes, the 180 day Yo-Yo barrier is now
the target for the PCT.

Thank you for your attention.  Now back to your normal programing.

Switchback the Trail Pirate
Yo-Yo Wantabe