[pct-l] 06' first attempt, 07' second?

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 21:50:30 CST 2006

In a message dated 11/21/2006 10:37:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
funkwithoutjunk at gmail.com writes:

Well, I  know how I felt in the desert. I loved it. I mean yeah,
carrying and  conserving water is a pain. But I know that it made me
appreciate the  Sierras that much more. And that first 700 miles is
where I really made  some amazing bonds with some amazing people

Well, you wouldn't be the first to re-try from the beginning again.  I  know
a couple that re-started from Campo three times.  As far as I  know they never
did make it passed the Sierras, mostly due to injuries.   Others on the AT
have tried again and again to thru-hike, never making it out of  the south.
None of them regretted their decisions.

Of course opinions vary, but when I start a trail it's to  complete it, not
necessarily to thru-hike it.

YMMV,

Sly