[pct-l] 06' first attempt, 07' second?

Andrew Rivers funkwithoutjunk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:01:18 CST 2006

        Well I made it half way this year. Ran out of money at Lake
Tahoe. I could have done it better if I had budgeted, but I didnt.
This was back in July. I'm considering retrying it next year. Or the
CDT. Undecided. But Congrads to everyone out there who had an amazing
time. I know I did, and thats what I went out there for. So all in
all, Summer 06' was the best ever.
      The kickoff party was perfect last year. I mean, yeah maybe
people do leave in a herd, but it quickly disperses. Kennedy Meadows
was almost like a re-kickoff. So exciting too. We all thought it was
going to be so much worse. Yeah, lots of snow. But that also meant,
lots of glissading. A real adventure. Thanks though to everyone who
made the adventure what it was. I know a lot goes on behind the scene
with the PCT. Lots of volunteers working hard. Lots of stuff being
pushed in DC. I thank all for that.
        Also to the wonderful people on the trail. The people who let
me stay with them, or wished me good luck, or just smiled and waved.
Thank you all. And the people who  are out there, I can't say that I
met a single person hiking this trail that I couldnt get along with.
Everyone is so open minded and free-spirited.
       I just thank everyone for being who you are, the trail and
trail people will always mean so much to me. Have a happy
thanksgiving!!! --Shaggy