[pct-l] Searching for "Mojave"

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 15 20:47:14 CST 2006

   We would appreciate hearing from or getting contact information for PCT
2006 thru-hiker Mojave.

   In August, Sandy and I were doing a series of short section hikes to meet
up with PCT folks we'd put up in our home in San Diego.  In Dunsmuir, we
tied up with GQ and Switch, and we also met Mojave and Muse.  After
breakfast with  the M&M pair we drove them to the trailhead.  We went south
and they headed north.  When we returned to our car, Mojave had left a
plaintive note:  "I left my pretty hat with the feathers on the door jamb of
Cabin 7.  Could you get and ship it to Etna, General delivery? ...Thanks in
advance concerning this life-or-death issue.  Forever yours, Mojave."  We
found the hat and sent it on to Etna.  Today, three months later, it showed
up on our doorstep.  Unclaimed in Etna.

What is once lost once, is not always forever gone.  We'd  like to re-unite
Mojave with his lost "pretty hat."

Scout (Barney) and Sandy Mann