[pct-l] Water drops north of Belden

Wade Stone wadestone at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 31 18:13:36 CDT 2006

Hey Hikers:

If you are about to tackle the heat north of Belden, to Burney Falls, here
is some useful info:  Hiking partner Cliff left the following water caches;
If no one else has found them already, drink up!  We aborted our nobo
segment a few days ago.

1. 40 degrees 46 min N, 121 degrees 23.62 min W.  : Three 1-gallon bottles
in back of bush at SW corner of road crossing, left side of trail
nobo.  This is about 7.4 miles north of the Hwy 44 trailhead, near the
intersection of Forest Roads 34N34 and 34N94.  See PCT book page 414.

2. 40 degrees 51.85 min N, 121 degrees 25.51 min W:  13 1-gal bottles in
three groups in flat area near cow pond.  First group on south side of
clearing about 75 ft. off the trail.  Second group on south side of
clearing about 150 ft. off trail.  Third group on north side of clearing
right next to trail.
All this is about 8.4 miles FURTHER north in sec 18, PCT book pg. 416.

3. Approx 40 degrees 54.20 minutes N, 121 degrees 26.86 min W. :  Along
trail in bush on west side of trail.  Green and pink ribbon tied to the
branches.  The four 1-gal bottles are located in the pine tree just north
of the ribbons on the east side of the trail.  Please remove the ribbons
when the last water is taken.  This is 3.1 miles FURTHER, near the boundary
of Sections 17 and 8.  See pg. 418 PCT book.

The Watogo Gang
Cliff, Gordon, Tom, Wade and Associates