[pct-l] Good, Bad & Ugly

Lonetrail at aol.com Lonetrail at aol.com
Sat Jul 29 17:59:19 CDT 2006

Chinook Pass, White Pass & Goat Rock Wilderness

Good

Goat's Rocks, View of Rainier, Mt Adams & Mt St. Helen, Water fall  just a
little south of Chinook Pass. large herd of Elks. Sleeping under the  Stars, no
tent, no rain, away from the Computer, Not seeing Head lines about  people
killing people. One can see how well the trail has been kept up prior to  W. Meet
a backpacker who does six miles & hour. Friendly people in WA when  hitch
hiking even a nice young chick picked me up. Nice People at Cracker  Barrel Store
at White Pass. A little Restaurant in Packwood called Doobeys who  has all
the Spaghetti you can eat on Tuesday for $5.50. For the first time I use  Nesbit
Tabs for cooking an the small folding stove and only using a cup. Most  of
all my knee operation held up and I was able to do 18 miles in one day.  Not bad
for 77. Take notice Marge the Old Gal. My backpack  weight was  10 lbs.

Bad
Heat, Recent trees blown over on trail, Can't do 6 miles an hour.  Leaving
the nice girl

Ugly

Outfitters use of the trail causing much erosion and no attempt to correct.
They will even take their hoarse around fallen trees. Seeing the Sierra  Club
Outing using the Outfitters.  Yuk
The ugliest were the mosquitos. My new REI Bug Off pants w/zip off leg  the
zipper on leg breaking while trying to undress to go swinning at BAB must  have
taken 100 hits from the skeeters before I could put my pants back on.
Leaving the trait.

Lonetrail