[pct-l] where to get off the trail at Ashland

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 11:27:04 CDT 2006

Callahan's Siskiyou Lodge and Restaurant (541-482-1299   http://www.callahanslodge.com )is a convenient and very hiker-friendly meeting spot 9 miles south of Ashland along I-5 where it crosses over highway 99. It allows your friend to rest in air conditioned comfort while waiting for your somewhat unpredictable arrival. Be aware it used to be closed on Mondays; call to confirm.

There is also a small trailhead parking area about a mile SW of there where the PCT crosses old highway 99 - the boundary between sections A and B.

Wandering Bob