[pct-l] where to get off the trail at Ashland

JoPH joph at piedmontbsa.org
Wed Jul 26 11:09:14 CDT 2006

I'm a section hiker and have a resupply at Ashland in August. A family
friend has generously offered to help us with resupply and suggested meeting
us at a Trailhead on Dead Indian Road. When I check the guidebook, I see
this is a good way beyond what I would consider the closest point to
Ashland. Can anyone there tell me a) is this best place to meet him and b)
if not where is the most usual place to get picked up at Ashland? any other
advice and/or information on current temperatures in Section Q in No. Cal.
and sections A through C in Oregon would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance!-Jo