[pct-l] Scott Williamson sighting...

enyapjr at adelphia.net enyapjr at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 25 09:15:17 CDT 2006

Sorry, this is 'second-hand' info and I don't have precise time or location...
My son is a trail worker in Klamath NF and just came out from an 8 day hitch...
Approx. a week ago, Scott Williamson (and another hiker) were in the vicinity of
Marble Valley in the Marble Mountains in NorCal (Soooo, he's probably well past
Ashland by now!)...  Scott stopped and took time to talk to the 2-man crew about
20 minutes...
My son said that they cleared about 50 trees fallen across trails this last hitch,
about 15 on the PCT South of Marble Valley...  It WAS a heavy snow year in NorCal,
as some of Deems' earlier posts and photos, <http://www.pbase.com/losthiker>,
have shown...
My son had also seen other hikers (didn't recall names, unfortunately), earlier than
Scott this year that made the 'mistake' of skipping ahead to NorCal - and a few
were going to 'get off the trail' after battling the snow and route finding...
My respect (and envy) to all those attempting a thru this year...
Good luck to all those still on the trail...  Patience and perseverance!
Happy trails!!!