[pct-l] Want to Get Rich in Portland or Bend?

Benjamin Schifrin benschif at mac.com
Sun Jul 23 12:39:28 CDT 2006

I need a driver for some of my PCT remapping work next week, and I'm
willing to pay BIG BUCKS!

I'm flying in to Portland next Thursday, July 27. I'm going to remap
the Benson Plateau, from Wahtum Lake down to Bridge of the Gods. I
will cheerfully pay anyone who lives in the greater Portland-Hood
River area their full day's wages, to drive me up to Wahtum, then
drop my car in Cascade Locks. Should be 2 -3 fun hours of mountain
driving. The scintillating conversation will be free.

Next on the agenda, I need to do the same thing, farther south. I'd
like to find a Bendian (Bender, Bendoid?) or Eugenian (Eugenecist?)
to take me, in my SUV, up to Windigo Pass, just south of Diamond
Peak, then leave the car either at Charlton Lake or Shelter Cove.
Again, a few hours' pleasant mountain driving-- you name your fee.

I'll even throw in a sixer of your favorite local microbrew.

Contact me off-list. I'm serious! (Otherwise, I hike 'e as out-an-
backs!)

Ben Schifrin
Wilderness Press
17360 Highgrade Lane