[pct-l] weather alert

JoAnn M. jomike at cot.net
Fri Jul 21 17:10:39 CDT 2006

Yes, it's summer and it is suppose to be hot, BUT....Here are some temps to consider. I know they are not on the pct but from N all the way thru OR, it ain't look'en good. These are temps for the next 5 days.

Portland: 88 to 100 (They are calling for a "weather alert")
Salem: 105
Medford 95 to 103
Ashland: 90 to 98

Redding: between 105 and 112

The Hat Creek Rim is going to be H-O-T

Mt.Shasta/Weed area:  95 to 100.
McCloud: 88 to 98

Per my experience in this area, all hikers are going to need copious amounts of water and to replenish all the minerals they'll sweat out.

It's not quite "the sky is falling" but hey, better too much water than too little. Take  care out there.

JoAnn