[pct-l] new to list

George (Tin Man) Andrews tinman at antigravitygear.com
Fri Jul 21 10:51:24 CDT 2006

Hello everyone.
I just joined this list and am planning to hike the JMT next month.  My
name is George, trail name Tin Man and I live in NC.  I normally reside
on the at-list and have just retired from Civil Service.
This is my first big get-away as a free man.  The permit is already
reserved and I'll be leaving from Happy Isles on Aug 14th.

Any help in preparing for the hike is most appreciated.  I have all my
gear and am sorting the food now.
Questions:  Is denatured alcohol readily available?  How about at the
Muir Trail Ranch?  How long is the shuttle ride to Mammoth Lakes Resort
and does it fun more than once a day?  I would like to plan only one
resupply mail drop and that at the MT Ranch.  Any insight into the
ranch's mail drop policy?  I have written but not received a reply yet.

Weather?  Snow reports?  How many people were killed last week by lions
and tigers and bears?
Thanks,
Tin Man