[pct-l] Pacific Crest Trailway

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Jul 19 17:29:41 CDT 2006

It's going to be safe and treasured on my vintage book shelf soon; but I
wonder how much Jensen cost me on this one, since I had seen it on ebay long
before it was posted on this site, perhaps adding to the feeding frenzy that
began shortly thereafter.....Perhaps Jensen will share a beer and a
trailtale with me sometime..Either way, I'm happy to be able to have an
original Clinton Clarke PCT Guidebook, the first, from 1948. The website is
a great way for everyone to enjoy the original, without the cost.. and it is
where I first learned about this guidbook. Hikon!
^^^^^^^~~~~~~^^~^~^~^^~^~^^~~~^~^^~^~^~^^~^~^~^~^~~~~~~
I found a copy of Pacific Crest Trailway on the Ebay.  The item number is
130006660181.  Sales closes on July 19.

For those of you who don't know - this is the original PCT guidebook.  In
some instances, it is probably just as accurate as the modern versions.

The book has been scanned and is available on the web at
http://pcttrailway.pctplanner.com/.

Bidding is currently at only $9.99 -  a steal.  I payed over $200 for my
copy a couple of years ago.  Turns out I was in a bidding war with another
thru-hiker from 1977 - Joe Anderson.

This is a must have for any collector of PCT history (Strider, this means
you!!!).

(I am not selling my copy - this is just a heads up to anyone who cares).