[pct-l] PocketMail

stillroaming PCT at DelNorteResort.Com
Mon Jul 17 17:09:56 CDT 2006

What JJ said.

I also found writing with pen and paper much easier. Although the pm screen has a back light, you still need to light the keyboard so you can see it in the dark. (I needed to, anyways). Also, I found pen and paper far more spontaneous than pm.

All that being said, on a long hike where I would want to share the experience with others, I would use a pm type device again simply for the fact that you don't have to go back and transcribe all those entrys. You write it, you email it in town, you're done.

And of course, you'd want to keep your journal at postholer.com, which will allow you to update your journal directly from your pockemail. ;)

Shameless plug.

Scott

debating that or Treo or Blackberry. That said, I find
it easier to write with pen and paper than with PM.
But PM facilitated storage, organization and transfer.
It was a big time saver in towns. But I did find it
difficult to use, say, when lieing on my back. The
best way for me was sitting up. I would hold the
device in both hands and type with my thumbs.

Best,
J J
<<<