[pct-l] Fires, water and heat status starting at Interstate 10, section C...

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 18:45:52 CDT 2006

I'm in Cathedral City for the weekend for a HS basketball tournament.   It is
hotter than hell (118+ today!).  As I drove in from my home area on
interstate 10 last evening the sun had moved just below the huge pillar of smoke  and
was casting "God streams" down upon the foothills of San Gorgonio.  The  late
afternoon sun was casting a golden glow upon the brown and gold foothills,
the deep green lower slopes of the mountain and the upper reaches were almost
white from the ash left from the fires.  A huge white thunderhead reached
thousands of feet into the atmosphere.  I saw this all through the rear  mirror of
my truck at 80 mph and almost drove off of the freeway, so in awe of  the
beauty and circumstance.

San Jacinto was in perfect profile against the deep blue sky and all of the
windmills were turning clockwise and counterclockwise for miles into the
distance.

Beauty is in the eye of God upon all scenes, in all circumstances, you just
have to have the eyes to see!

Strider

(we're 4-0 on the tournament! FYI)