[pct-l] Fires, water and heat status starting at Interstate 10, section C hea

Jeff Bohannon jeffbohannon at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 15 01:21:04 CDT 2006

I just pulled off the trail today at Big Bear city. i was sobo and the local
fire station told me that the trail would be closed and the two fires were
converging on the trail. The amount of smoke coming from over the hill was
enough to convince me not to hike this section at this time.
i carried more water in the hotter sections from Walker Pass  to BBC. 2-3
gal at times . An umbrella helped. At times under the umbrella i was getting
readings of 114 degrees but i wasn't that uncomfortable. Just took it slow
and enjoyed didn't really go for the miles and get overheated.