[pct-l] Whitewater drainage Fires

stillroaming PCT at DelNorteResort.Com
Fri Jul 14 11:02:14 CDT 2006

I feel your pain.

The hike out of Whitewater Canyon all the way into Big Bear is my personal favorite section south of the Tehachapi's.

What a shame this is. Thanks for the info.

<<<<
My guess for the Coon creek to Onyx Summit they may try to hold the line @ coon creek clearing fire breaks to the ridge and setting backfires to starve the fire of fuel, as the fire advances bomb it from the air and control any spot fires. They may also do something with large stands of dead trees to Onyx Summit if time and resources permit.

There is lots of fuel here as no fire have been recorded here since records stared being kept starting in the 1860's

I just want to cry

Trail90
<<<<