[pct-l] Thru Hikers sited

David and Cindy hikeon at surewest.net
Thu Jul 13 16:30:43 CDT 2006

Just got off the PCT from Ebbetts Pass to Carson Pass on 7/12.  Met several thru Hikers and enjoyed hearing about there adventures.  They are all in Tahoe today according to their plans from what they said yesterday at Carson.
They are:  Dirty Bird and Numbskull, Jack (One Strap), Pepe, Big Cat, Doughnut, Chicken Feet, Flow, Puff, Snap, Bree, Crazy Horse, Trout, and She-ra.
Hope I didn't forget anyone and hope I spelled their trail names half way correctly!
They all are doing extremely well and are ready for the next 1,000 miles.
They said the trail North from Sonora Pass to Carson had some dangerous spots in regards to snow patches and I can vouch for that myself.  The snow patches are mainly on the Eastern slopes and steep ones above 8,000 feet!  One huge one is on Elephants back just before Carson.  You just have to be careful.