[pct-l] Mt Hood to Eagle Creek Hike (with pics)

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sat Jul 8 12:58:56 CDT 2006

Good morning, Terry,

Ghosts or real, I think the proverbial decks are awash with that type of
hiker near trailheads, particularly where there is also a drive-up local
attraction like Timberline, Crater Lake, or the lava fields on McKenzie
Pass.  Westbound from Timberline, I have seen day hikers get uneasy as they
pass out of sight of the second ski lift, and become visibility apprehensive
at passing the registration box to enter the Wilderness Area.

Since you are on this list I assume you are some kind of lunatic-fringe
hiker like the rest of us, and you already know that the annual meeting of
ALDHA-West is being held in our backyard this year.  It's a good chance to
meet a bunch of other hikers, none of whom seem to have bear-bells.
http://www.aldhawest.org/

Steel-Eye