[pct-l] MEXICAN WATER

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 17:10:55 CST 2006

_AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net_ (mailto:AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net)  writes:

You may  have invented dehydrated water, but I first purchased freeze-dried
water when  A-16 opened their then-new store on Mission Gorge in the late
1970's. It came  in a one-liter poly bottle. The label
on the bottle had the instructions,  which read: "Open bottle. Jump in
mountain lake. Drink."

(We didn't  worry much about treating water in those days.)
-----------------------------
Actually, my latest Kickoff  marketing ploy does not mention that I invented
dehydrated water, but I would  demonstrate it.  Just like I did at the PCTA
annual TrailFest last February  at the Mission Inn in Riverside CA.

There are many people on this List  that can testify to my demonstration's
validity and accuracy.  They were  eye witnesses at the gear seminar.  If I
remember correctly, there were  around 160 people in the Gallery Room.  It was
standing room only.  I  was a minor part of the seminar and on at the end, but I
did demonstrate;  dehydrated water, snow cones anywhere on the trail, and zero
weight water, plus  sub atomic gear weight (well beyond Extreme Ultra Light).
 Just ask anyone  that was there.

Are you listening  Lurker?

Switchback the Trail  Pirate