[pct-l] Fwd: Mt. Tripper

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 16:08:58 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at citlink.net>
Date: Dec 28, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: Mt. Tripper
To: Andrea Chicken 1 Dinsmore <zaqueltooocool at gmail.com>

 Well, my dears,

   Call off the militia!!!  Retrieve the canine body sniffers!!

Seems, thanks to the Mountain Goat, that we have found Mountain Tripper.  I
called the Hiker Hut in Etna after Mt. Goat called me.  He'd phoned there
and had spoken with a caretaker (Dave and Vicki are on vacation) who said
the Tripper had been there since about mid-October, helping the Henderson's
out with landscaping and general maintenance.
I left my phone number and have just spoken with Mt. Tripper, who is a bit
chagrined, he thought he'd covered his bases, but will get computer access
this evening and start getting the word out to people that he's o.k.  He
hasn't checked his e-mails in a while so he'll have some from several of
us.  I said I'd call that other Jim Munger in Phoenix and tell their
answering machine that we've found you and we are sorry for any incontinence
our phone messages might have caused, Jim said he'd take care of that
himself this evening too.
I (gently?) reminded him that notifying family and friends in Phoenix, etc.,
is one thing but that Trail Angels and trail friends need to know he's safe
and warm too, and if he ever did something like this to us again, once we
found him, I'd be coming by to inflict some damage to his body. I also said
that Mountain Goat had made the offer, come spring to hike the stretch of
trail from Castle Crags St. Park to Seiad Valley, looking for whatever he
might be able to recover.(gulp)I think I got our point across.
Andrea, you emailed your request for news of Tripper to a bunch more people
than I have listed here.  Can you please spread the word to them as well?