[pct-l] Drakesbad info for PCT hikers

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Thu Dec 28 14:35:24 CST 2006

That sounds very 'positive'...  Glad the 2006 misunderstanding has been put to rest!

2007 thrus - please make sure there is no repeat occurence at Drakesbad (or ANY other 'stop' along
the trail)!  Future thrus (me included!) will thank you!...

Yogi - what's the latest 'feel' for Chester?  Is it still a little 'anti' thru-hiker type of attitude?  If it is, I'm
sorry to hear that as I was raised in far northern CA...  If anyone does go to Chester, try to remember
that it is a lumber and tourist town ('city' tourists coming up into the 'woods' and Lassen Park) - and
thrus are NOT 'tourists' and also may automatically be put into the 'tree people that destroyed the our
timber industry' category (i.e., not to be 'trusted')...  plus, of course, thrus 'smell' when they arrive!   ;-)
If Chester is still 'cold' - it makes Drakesbad look superb for a drop/stop/zero...  I look forward to it.

Thanks for the updates.  Happy trails!!!