[pct-l] Trail Etiquette

Bighummel bighummel at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 18:16:08 CST 2006

Andrea,

The ADZ organizers have discussed the trail etiquette issue extensively and are planning to involve this into many our events.  We know that we cannot solve this problem, but only perhaps influence, inspire and lead by example and in humor in an effort to catch those who might not have an interest in attending a specific talk on etiquette.

All who attend can have a good hand in this, by sharing stories of great trail angel kindness and the lavish thanks and great behavior that we showered them with.

Some of my fondest memories on the trail are of the incredible kindness of total strangers who are inspired and awed by what a thru-hiker does.

Passing it on is THE single greatest thing that we can do as a trail community, IMHO.

Pass it on and get on with walking!

Greg "the whore" Hummel