[pct-l] Trail Angels vs hosts

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 13:52:00 CST 2006

Couldn't have said it better myself. As to the storage area........it has
turned out to be a 28' x 36'  2 story garage with storage on the top floor.
The upper storage area will have TV, computer, phone, fridge, map wall,
drying lines, heat, window over looking the river and hopefully mattresses.
Jerry goes to Portland next month to put the deposit down. It will be
delivered and the wall supports and roof put up hopefully the first week in
April. The rest is up to us. We have the permits and have the new drain
field finished (per the permit requirement) and will be looking for help
with extra hands to finish the rest of the construction.  Kind of like a
barn raising party.

Appreciate comments from someone who sees it from the cost end of this. We
had no idea after the first year of 20+ hikers what we were getting into. We
just knew that we really liked the hikers and we could more than afford the
costs. Little did we know there were more than that each year out there. We
had no idea it would get up to 236+ a year. I am guessing it's going to
increase over the years.

Anyhow, thanks for explaining the situation so well.

Andrea