[pct-l] Tipping

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 13:26:07 CST 2006

Interesting.
Two boxes: business OR trail angel.................. both good boxes

I would hate to call anything a business until the Revenues exceeded the
Expenses including time invested by the owners.  Until that point is
substantially exceeded I would still consider it an act of unselfish giving.

This thread has opened my eyes a little more.  I need to offer to give back
a little more especially to the trail angels servicing mass amounts of
hikers.  Trail magic I've done has only been a one or two or three time
thing, then I get to close my wallet for the season.

I like Splash's post.  Remove the mystery and suggest a specific donation
amount.  I would feel very comfortable with any trail angel asking for a
specific donation, and much more comfortable than leaving that amount up to
me.

Warner Springs Monty