[pct-l] Whores and the Tahquitz Inn

Dave Osborn alohakai2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 19:00:02 CST 2006

Andrea,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had serious
problems with some PCT hikers.  I cringe every time I
hear of hiker abuses in towns or especially @ trail
angel houses.

First of all I want you to know that most hikers
absolutely love staying with you and Jerry in
Skykomish - I've never heard a single complaint from
anyone about your place.  Your hospitality and genuine
care and help is much appreciated.

To answer your questions:
(1) What i liked:  I liked the fact that I felt at
home @ your house.  This is quite rare for me, because
I am very sensitive about people's space and also I am
quite independent - to a fault where i sometimes think
that I don't need anyone's help.  I liked the fact
that you & Jerry immediately invited myself and 2
other hikers to your birthday dinner in Skykomish.  I
love your house & especially the location along the
river.  Your hot tub is to die for :-)  I loved it
when you came out early in the morning with that cup
of coffee when I was sleeping on the grass near the
river.  I normally hate coffee, but that was the
sweetest drink i've ever had.
(2) What I didn't like: There's nothing that i didn't
like!
(3) Your not missing anything.  There's no use
comparing your beautiful place to any other trail
angel stop - they are all unique and special.
(4) I'm not so sure that all the hikers behave
themselves down in SoCal - have you asked L-Rod about
this?

I sincerely hope that you continue hosting hikers in
the future, but if you don't, i wouldn't blame you.
When I first started long distance hiking, I was at a
cross-roads so to speak.  I was disillusioned with
many facets of society, and particularly people in
general.  My hikes have helped to renew my faith in
humanity.  It was a real pleasure to meet you and
Jerry in '05 & I hope to see you in the future when i
come strolling through your neck of the woods.  Please
say 'hi' to Topper for me!

Merry Christmas & have a wonderful New Year, freebird