[pct-l] In defense of So Cal trail refreshment - was The Long Tail

Siri Forsman-Sims forsm001 at csusm.edu
Wed Dec 20 18:02:23 CST 2006

I'm hurt to the quick by your disparaging remarks about So Cal microbrews.
:'{

Clearly next time you are in San Diego stocking up for a section A hike
you need to make a stop at Ballast Point Brewing Co.
http://www.ballastpoint.com/

I highly recommend their Yellow Tail Pale Ale as a refreshing reward for
the climb out of Scissors. :)

Siri

* Best beer I had on the PCT was obtained in Sisters, OR and called 'Blonde
* Bombshell Ale'. It was of course a blonde amber. The bottle has a picture
* of
* Marilyn Monroe on it, or is it Madonna? The beer is outstanding. Also,
* Steelhead Extra Pale did an excellent job at representing Nor Cal. So Cal
* has a relative dearth of good microbrew-style ales.
*
*> Yes..let's talk about beers to be found on the trails.
*> Much better discussion. :)
*
* pct-l mailing list
* pct-l at backcountry.net