[pct-l] Trail Ales

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 17:04:51 CST 2006

Oilcan,

Speaking of oilcans..... As I left Tehachappi and Highway 58 to begin the long climb up towards Golden Oak Springs this past summer I found Giddy-up, Paulie and Abondoner also heading out of town.  We climbed out of the canyon together and decided we would meet up again at the spring.  As I reached the spring I found myself craving a cold one as the "spring" was by no means golden at all.  It was a cement cow trough at best with the incoming water dripping at about 1 liter every 2 minutes.  Some time later Abandoner comes into camp and drops his pack and pulls out three OilCans (yep, the big uns!) and throws them into the through to cool down a bit.  He hauled those oilcans out of Tehachappi as a surprise for Giddy-up and Paulie.  Now that is what I call magic!  What I would have done for one of them!  But, off the trail, pour me a Sierra Nevada anytime over the oilcan.  In fact, I was just up in Chico for the Thanksgiving holiday and went out to the brewery and bought a case of th
e Celebration Ale and a case of the Brown Ale right off the packaging line.  Nothing better!

Elevator

From: "Mike Saenz" <msaenz at mve-architects.com>