[pct-l] SMD gear

AsABat asabat at cox.net
Wed Dec 20 15:28:14 CST 2006

> >>These folks get free gear given to
> >>them by the manufacturer so they will tout it without
> >>really believing in its durability et
>
> Well, here is one guy (me) who PAID for the SMD gear
> and was rather pleased with the results.

And here is one guy (me) who got SMD gear (the wonderful Europa tent) for FREE and reported (on BackpackGearTest) that he had a small problem with a tent peg loop pulling out of the seam. I fixed it up for the night, and Ron later repaired the fault AND redesigned future tents to include extra bartacking at the peg loops. I've since had the tent in some wild wind storms in the desert and it still works great with no problems - one of my favorite tents.

For unbiased reviews, check out www.BackpackGearTest.org. We are allowed to say products stink, but only if we objectively say WHY they stink. We're always looking for dedicated testers, too.

AsABat